Rainbow Trout – Ready to Eat
Float bag for 5 mins max. to acclimatise
• Need plenty of oxygen & good filtration 24/7
• Water temp no higher than 21°C, provide shade on warm days
• When in doubt do 1/3 water change
• Medicate/de-stress with pool salt
• Trout can jump – lower water level or net top of pond
• Trout food – High Protein Pellet, feeding small amounts regularly.
Pellet size 5mm and then 7mm pellet. ensure you scoop out uneaten food.
• Trout are carnivorous & can eat small fish
• Harvest in late Nov (weather dependent)
Rainbow Trout prefer water temperatures between 10 and 20 degrees – Death can occur when water temps are 24 and over.
Keep the pond well oxygenated, and well filtered for optimum survival and growth.
The key indicator for healthy Trout is their appetite – if at any time they are not interested in food, test your water, ensure the pump is clear, and/or air pump is working.
If there are abnormal levels of ammonia, nitrites etc, do a 1/3 water change, (make sure you condition the water if from tap), and make sure you have lots of splashing water or use an air pump. You will need to keep doing water changes until the levels are normal. If they are still lethargic and not eating after 24 hours do a salt treatment.
Any signs of fungus, white films on skin or fins, or gasping, then do a salt treatment – See all the info at: https://www.woodvalefishandlilyfarm.com.au/medicating-aquaponics-fish/
You may also like…
Goldfish – In Stock – Start @ $3ea when buying 10 or more$4.00 – $50.00 Select options
Koi – In Stock – Start @ $3ea when buying 10 or more$30.00 – $50.00 Select options
White and Gold Cloud Minnow – Out of Stock until Spring 2018$5.00 Select options
Yabbies – In Stock – Start @ $3ea when buying 10 or more$4.00 – $30.00 Select options